Airbnb has become popular over the years as the best, most convenient option for accommodation for travelers. Whether traveling as a family, individual, or couple, finding a clean and comfortable place to stay will make your vacation exciting and memorable.
Therefore, maintaining a clean, comfortable, and safe Airbnb is essential, especially with the covid 19 pandemic, to attract these travelers and increase your revenue.
The article below will explain the essential Airbnb cleaning requirements that will assist you in maintaining a dirt-free and sanitized place that will leave your clients satisfied and, in return, boost your business.
The Airbnb cleaning requirements
The following requirements will assist you in achieving a safe, exemplary, and memorable place for your clients.
- Be time conscious
In contrast to regular housekeeping, vacation rentals have an extremely tight time deadline, especially if a guest checks in and out on the same day.
As a result, one of the most important factors to consider when cleaning an Airbnb is to make a guest checklist to assist you in planning and making the right priorities.
💡 Having a time management can lead to greater productivity and efficiency.
- Plan ahead
The following factors will come in handy to ensure that you can clean your entire vocational rental comfortably.
- As you decorate the room, use items that can be cleaned quickly and don’t congest the space with many decorations.
- Categorize items according to the urgency of cleaning, such as bedding, when visitors leave, while curtains, rugs, and the entire room in detail can be cleaned as planned by your Airbnb cleaner.
- Purchase all the items you need to clean and sanitize in bulk and avoid inconveniences ahead of time.
- Prepare a guest check-out list for activities such as putting the dishes in a dishwasher, throwing away leftover foodstuffs, and putting the towels and bedsheets in a pile for your cleaner to pick up and put in the washing machine.
- Collect proper cleaning supplies
Use disinfectant and sanitizer alone for thorough and effective cleaning. Check your local government for registration of the items you are using, such as The European Chemical Agency or The Environmental Protection Unit.
- Ventilate The Rooms before cleaning
Regulatory agencies such as the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organizations (WHO) recommend that exterior doors and windows are opened, and that ventilated fans improve the space’s airflow before you start cleaning and disinfecting.
- Check the safety guidelines for your chemicals.
💡 Always read product labels to learn about the active ingredients and how to use them appropriately. For added information on checking the description of your products and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for products, check with your local government.
Furthermore, you can check with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration in the United States. Additionally, you can check with the European Union and the Health and Safety Administration. The European Chemicals Agency is an excellent place to start.
- Adhere to protective Guidelines
To protect yourself as a cleaner, the following Airbnb cleaning requirements are vital:
- Clean your hands with water and soap thoroughly, or use a sanitizer.
- Wear protective gear such as an apron, disposable gloves, and facial safety covering.
- Unplug electrical appliances, or switch off the power at the breaker.
- Check for any soiled surfaces and bedding. These will assist you while cleaning and use the proper method of removing.
- Remove the trash bin: starting with this step will ensure that you don’t contaminate the place after cleaning. Ensure you line the dustbin.
- Wash all linen using the recommended heat setting by the manufacturers. Avoid shaking the bedding to minimize the spread of germs.
- Wash all the dishes after every visit and clean all the utensils in the cabins to avoid cross-contamination.
- Clean all the surfaces according to the cleaning instructions. For hard surfaces, use water and soap to scrub. Sweep or vacuum the floor while the soft places clean according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Sanitize all high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, appliances, and electronics. Allow the disinfectant to dry for effective killing of germs.
- Check and restock your Airbnb
Double-check the place to ensure that all the cleaning has been done well then:
- Dispose of all your cleaning supplies and disinfect the equipment you were using.
- Safely remove your safety gear and dispose of it well.
- Clean your hands.
- Assess each room to ensure you are set for your next visitors.
💡 Airbnb is becoming a lucrative business due to the increase in the number of travelers. Maintaining your vocational rental is highly important.
We would love to hear your thoughts! Share it in the comment section below 😇