Cleanliness is a major concern for both parties when renting a home via Airbnb. A tiny speck of dirt lurking inside the room can lead to a bad review, which is the last thing any host would want.
People become even more critical when it comes to their beddings and towels. Many believe that high cleanliness standards and frequently changing guests don’t really work hand-in-hand. Depending upon the needs of those who stay at an Airbnb, many hosts also offer an on-site washing machine.
If you are someone who wants to know about laundry service at Airbnb, you are at the right place.
Airbnb laundry fundamentals
When someone stays at an Airbnb for an extended period of time, many hosts also give them access to a dedicated laundry service. This is something that can get you closer to those gleaming 5-star reviews.
All in all, offering top-of-the-line equipment, bespoke scheduling, rapid turnarounds, with a touch of personalization is one of the best ways to take your ratings to the next level.
Most Airbnbs also provide an extra set of sheets. That said, guests can do their laundry as many times as they want as long as they have access to a washing machine.
The time window for delivery and collection of new sheets can be anywhere between 4-7 days.
Airbnb laundry tips
The majority of guests do not bring their towels and sheets when staying at an Airbnb. It is also imperative to have an understanding with them of the things that you will need to get cleaned.
The main thing to remember here is that no one wants to worry about doing their laundry when on holiday. The same applies to your guests as well. Many Airbnbs also prohibit their guests from using the in-house dryer or washer and outsource all the cleaning duties to a local laundry instead.
Also, make sure you have a word with your guests and take their personal needs into consideration (if any) before going ahead with the laundry. If you want your guests to feel at home, you can also provide some complimentary common household cleaning products to them.
Using fast drying bedding
If you want to cut your drying time in half, consider brushed microfiber bedding instead of going with the expensive Egyptian Cotton bedding and thick towels, which take hours to dry.
A microfiber bed sheet will dry in just ten minutes and also won’t take away any comfort that the higher-end alternatives offer.
The same can be said for towels. To add on, you do not want to use a towel that is too thin. The guests just want a good towel to dry themselves and typically do not focus on the thickeners. Getting a cotton or microfiber towel with medium thickness will be your best bet.
If you are in charge of the laundry, then keep the following pointers in mind to get the best results :
- Check the entire fabric for any rigid stains before throwing it in the washer. You might need to wash it on a hot wash or get it professionally removed if there is a hint of any soiling.
- Before applying aromatic detergents, consider the folks who are allergic to fragrances.
- Put the laundry through one more spin when it has been completed. This will expedite the drying process.
- If you want the sheets to dry quickly, it’s best to remove them from the dryer as soon as possible and allow them to dry naturally with your hands so that the remaining moisture wicks off quickly.
- Lastly, use lint rolls on the linens to get rid of all those dreaded hair.
- If you don’t want to go through all the hassle of cleaning out the beddings, you can consider hiring a laundry service to take care of such stuff for you.
Read related topic : Make Your Laundry Room Eco-Friendly With These Tips