Now, more than ever, it is important to prioritize the health and well-being of guests checking in at Airbnb. This can be done through enhanced cleaning. Airbnb’s enhanced cleaning goes beyond the usual cleaning you do daily. It involves sanitizing spaces, ensuring that the area is safe according to the industry’s standards. Below, find cleaning and sanitizing tips for enhanced cleaning.
“Cleaning and organizing is a practice, not a project.” — Meagan Francis
What are the risks
Transmission can happen if a surface is contaminated. That is why you need to clean surfaces with soapy water, after which you disinfect using a household beach.
It is also possible for a sick guest to infect the next one through airborne droplets. Airborne droplets tend to fall from the air pretty fast.
How long does it take to turn over an Airbnb (Value time)
To help resolve most safety concerns for both guests and cleaners, it takes at least 24 hours between guests. This helps reduce the risk of any transmission. Airbnb enhanced cleaning is all about ensuring you minimize the risk of transmission as much as possible.
3 hours between check-out and cleaning
Always try and schedule cleaning about 3 hours after a guest leaves. It will help protect the person cleaning from airborne droplets.
3 hours between cleaning and checking-in
The cleaning should also be done about 3 hours before the other guest checks in. In case the cleaner is unwell, this can help protect guests from airborne droplets.
Related topic : 5 TIPS TO MASTER THE AIRBNB TURNOVER PROCESS
What are some cleaning products shown to be effective against COVID-19
Some of the cleaning products that come in handy for Airbnb enhanced cleaning are as follows :
- Disposable cleaning gloves: To protect cleaners, ensure they have disposable cleaning gloves. They help reduce the chance of covid 19 transmission. Considering that the cleaners are using strong cleaning products to eliminate viruses and bacteria, the gloves also protect their hands as well.
- Fabric mask: They protect both the cleaners and the guests by reducing the risk of transmission in case either of them has contracted covid 19.
- Personal hygienic amenities: Personal hygienic amenities like sanitizers are also effective against covid-19. If multiple people are cleaning a space, maintaining social distance should be observed.
- Lysol bleach spray: For Airbnb’s enhanced cleaning, always go with an off-the-shelf product like Lysol bleach spray instead of mixing your own solution at home. It helps kill about 99.9% of viruses and bacteria from the surface.
- Lysol laundry sanitizer: To ensure that all the linens your guests use are safe, you can use Lysol laundry sanitizer as it is gentle on fabrics while killing germs and bacteria. When buying, check that you have not bought a cleaning product that has expired. It will not serve its purpose.
- Disposable utensils, cups, and plates: Provide your guests with disposable utensils to reduce the risk of transmission.
🔔 Clean the whole house, not one room at time
What are five steps you should follow for proper cleaning
Here are a few steps you need to follow for enhanced cleaning.
- Get your space ready for cleaning by removing all the clutter, then prepare all your cleaning tools and products.
- Clean surfaces to eliminate dust and debris.
- Disinfect any high-touch areas like handles, doorknobs, electronics, and appliances.
- Once you are done, confirm that the space has been cleaned and sanitized thoroughly.
- The last step is resetting the room for your next guest and restocking cleaning supplies that have run out.
What is the Airbnb cleaning checklist (Areas you should focus on)
Here is an Airbnb cleaning checklist you should focus on when cleaning.
- Ventilation: If possible, before you start cleaning, ventilate the room.
- Areas frequently touched: These are areas like light switches, doorknobs, remotes, railings, tablets.
- Kitchen and utensils: Switch to disposable utensils instead of the usual dishes to reduce the chances of transmission.
- Laundry: Ensure all the linens from towels, bedsheets, and pillowcases have been washed to the highest heat settings as the manufacturer recommends.
- Bathrooms: Clean all personal and disposable items thoroughly.
- Bedrooms: Any decorative or throw pillows that are not washed frequently should be removed.
🔔 Focus on tubs, sinks and toilets.
Airbnb’s enhanced cleaning ensures that both the guests and the cleaner are safe, thus reducing the chances of contracting Covid and other viruses.
Share your thoughts now 😎